Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Baseball and Western TV shows...These are a few of my favorite things!!!

My parents and one sister were down at my place this past weekend. It was nice, but I always hate to see them leave and it takes me a couple days to adjust back to the normal routine of living alone. I go through the same thing when I go home (to my parents) and then have to come back to my place. It just seems so empty.
Anyway, we had a nice time. My dad went to a woodworking store and a seed store, so he seemed happy. My mom was able to get into my apartment and kept remarking that she really liked my place. She's trying to convince my dad to come back at the end of October...I think she'll win him over to the idea. My sister, Karen, is such a good person. She is always willing to help me out. It seems like she is always helping me to either pack or unpack boxes since I've moved so many times. But she never complains, only asks what else she can do to help. I'm so blessed to have her as my sister and blessed that we are best friends.
We also celebrated my birthday a few days early. My parents bought me a grill! My dad and I put that together on Sunday and it was actually easier to put together than I thought it would be. They also bought me the 3rd season of Little House on the Prairie! I love Little House on the Prairie!!!! Seriously...you have no idea! If I could only go back in time, I'd go back to that time in history. My sister bought me gift cards to Starbucks and iTunes and a Pittsburgh Pirates t-shirt. To be more exact, it's a PNC Park t-shirt! I love baseball and the Pittsburgh Pirates...probably with the same ferocity that I love Little House on the Prairie, maybe even more! Oh...and...my mom made me Oh Henry Bars... These things are amazing...much better than any typical birthday cake! I'm not talking about the candy bar. This is Rice Krispies mixed with hot sugar and corn syrup and peanut butter. Pour that in a pan and let is set. Then heat chocolate bits in the microwave and pour that on top of the rice krispie mixture. It's heaven!! Anyway, Karen found Pittsburgh Pirate batting helmet candles at a party store and put those on the Oh Henry Bars! How perfect...chocolate, peanut butter and the Pirates!! It was an awesome birthday a few days early!
But, now it's back to the normal work week and all the joys that that brings.........

1 comment:

Sandra said...

Happy early birthday! It sounds like you had a wonderful time! I want some O Henry bars now. :) I love Little House on the Prairie too. Erin grunts when I turn it on. :(