Thursday, August 28, 2008

Long Weekend!

Well, somehow I survived the first week...four days...of school. Granted, it wasn't a normal week. I didn't see students. I spent the entire week going through paperwork, talking to teachers, trying to set up my schedule and organizing my room. And the craziness begins. This year, my goal is to not take things so personally. When a parent has a complaint or my supervisor or prinicipal asks me to do yet one more thing or when a teacher questions my rationale, I won't take it personally. I always carry those things around, as if it was some attack on me as a person. I need to learn to let it go. I've had to remind myself that serveral times this week. I've had to tell myself to not get worked up and that I really do know what I'm doing (for the most part). And hopefully by doing that, I will have a better year. That's the hope, at least.

My family is coming down to my place this weekend...my mom, dad and one of my sisters. They're coming to spend the long weekend with me. It's one of the reasons I moved. I wanted to make sure my family could stay with me and not in a hotel. So, I moved to a first floor apartment so my parents wouldn't have to do the 20 some steep stairs. It's also nice for carrying in the groceries, I must admit :) So, we'll hang out at my place, they'll help me do some things (plant mums, figure out how to make tie backs for my curtains, help me pick out lamps) and we'll go see the sights in Amish Country. And, of course, we'll go out to eat at one or two of those Amish Country restaurants that are famous for their down home cooking...mmm...

But, for now, it's time to stop procrastinating and get back to laundry, dishes, and sorting through boxes before they come!

Have a great weekend...anyone else up to anything fun this weekend?

2 comments:

Sandra said...

I wish I could join you this weekend. Amish food..yum! I'm trying to get things ready for Hayden! Three weeks and 5 days will go by so quickly!!!

Jen said...

Hayden is coming soon! I'm counting down too! I can't wait to get the call! I wish you could come too...maybe after Hayden comes or next summer sometime.