Wednesday, September 10, 2008

They Really Like Me!!

I think I said this in another post... I'm trying to focus on the positives of my job. There are so many things that I don't like, that I need to find the good things.

Well, yesterday and today were good days at work. I've been reaffirmed as to why I like to work with kids... Yesterday and today were some of the first days that I've seen "my kids" this year. I've been busy doing paperwork and setting up my therapy schedule. So, the best part of my job is seeing the kids faces either in the hall or when I show up at the door for the first time during the school year. They light up! I've had several students see me in the hall and make a point of asking "when can I come to speech?" or "when can I come and see you?". Teachers have told me that their students had been asking when speech was going to start. One student even did the little "yes!" hand-pump when I knocked on her classroom door and asked her teacher if I could see her. That made my whole day!!

This is why I like working with kids...

2 comments:

Sandra said...

This is the part I adored about working with kids as well. Kids are so open an honest that when they like you they really mean it!

aola said...

oh, so you are a speech therapist... I could learn so much from you. Emily went to a speech therapist for 2 or 3 years but she didn't like her (and I don't think the therapist liked Emily or any other kid)so Em didn't learn much from her. I finally decided it was a waste of time.