Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Shopping

Tonight, after work, I went shopping for new clothes.
There was an excellent chance that this would be a great outing.
The other day, I had seen a couple things that I wanted to try on.
I had coupons that if I would have bought a total of $75 worth of clothes, I actually would have only paid $20. So, that's what I was shooting for...at least $75 worth to make my coupons work for me.

The clothes were great...great colors, great looks, my styles. I mean, these clothes were f--ing HOT!!!

And then I entered the dressing room. And that's where it all went straight to hell!

The clothes that were so hot on the hanger were not so much on me. They either didn't fit or didn't fit right. They showed too much of the things I don't want to show... You know...the fat, stretch marks, etc.

And now I'm totally disappointed. I mean, these clothes were great. They were the styles that I like, the colors that I like and are in fashion, and they were clothes that had the potential to make me look like great (you know the clothes...the ones you see everyone else wearing an think, "That's really cute or hot or whatever other word you want to put in here.") And I walked out of there with absolutely nothing!

So, now, I'm determined to lose weight. When I think about my body, the image that's in the mirror is not the image that comes to mind. Then, I happen to walk by the mirror and I quickly look away because that can't be me.

Anyone have any good, quick, healthy recipes? Anyone have any advice on huge weight loss? Help, please!

3 comments:

Sandra said...

I'm with you. I hate seeing myself and not recognizing me.
You wanna weight loss buddy? I use Spark People. You can set up a free account at www.sparkpeople.com. They have workouts, recipes, a nutrition tracker, and a community of people to help. I have an account there and have used it in the past with great results.
What has really worked for me in the past is working out for at least 30 minutes every day using a combination of cardio and strength training. At that time I was having a protein smoothie for breakfast, a salad with lots of greens and grilled chicken for lunch, a snack like an apple with peanut butter, and whatever I wanted for dinner. Usually I'd have grilled chicken, salmon, or steak with a small baked potato and lots of veggies.
I can give you more details about the smoothie if you are interested and I'd gladly do this with you if you want. Sometimes it helps to have someone to be accountable to or someone you know you can talk to when you get frustrated.
You can do this Jen! I know you can!!

aola said...

I guess I have just given up on ever losing weight. Nothing I ever do seems to work.

Jen said...

Sandy-I'll send you an email about all of that. When I'm at my parents this summer, I was hoping maybe we could walk or whatever together...depending on how you are feeling.

Aola-yeah, the same here. But, I have to do something. This is not what I want! I have to at least try.